Half Moon Pose
- reinforces better coordination
- increases your concentration
- helps balance
- improves your digestive system
- Strengthens the ankles, thighs, buttocks, spine and core area stronger
- With the leg held lower down, it helps lower back problems
- Alleviates stress
- Reduces anxiety, depression
Chandra means moon and the shining, glittering, luminous light of the moon.
A)1. Begin in triangle pose with the right leg in front
2. Lower the left hand to the left hip.
3. Place your right fingertips on the floor a foot in front and to the right of the right foot.
4. Slightly bend the right knee, and as you straighten it lift the left leg off the floor until it’s in line with the left hip.
5. Roll the left hip open toward the wall behind you.
6. Lift the left arm straight up, spread the fingers.
7. Look up at the ceiling.
8. Hold for 3 to 5 breaths.
9. Lower the left arm to the left hip.
10. Turn your gaze toward the floor.
11. Slightly bend the right knee and lower the left leg toward the floor
12. Straighten the right knee so you return to triangle pose, looking up at the ceiling and left arm extended upward as well.
13. Repeat on other side.