- Strengthen front abdominal muscles
- Increased flexibility in the shoulders
- activates the triceps
- Stretches the spine and shoulders.
- Invigorates the body.
- Improves flexibility, especially in the spine.
- Strengthens and stretches the arms, hips, and upper back.
- Calms the mind
- Relieves symptoms of chronic stress, tension, and insomnia.
- Begin either in Bitalasana or Svanasana
- Extend arms forward
- lower chest towards floor
- hold for 3 - 5 breaths
- walk the hands back
- Thread the needle, sliding one arm through under the body to the opposite side
- Repeat with the other arm